A Few of My Favorite Things: A Holiday Gift Guide for the Runner in Your Life

Have a runner in you life? We're quite easy to appease when it comes to holiday gifts.  In this post I'll share some of my favorite things, and hopefully you'll get a few ideas for the runner in your life this holiday season!



First up: running shoes. We will never say no to a new pair of running kicks. And since these are most likely the most expensive shoes in our closets, we will always be grateful to get a pair as a gift. The only downfall is that runners tend to be very particular about their shoes, so if you're going for a surprise, this may not be the best gift for that. The good news? Most reputable running shoe companies offer generous return polices. You could also snag a gift card from your runner's favorite company or running shoe store and let them choose the shoes they need. On my list this year? These beauties. I have some new running goals for 2021, and I'll need a new pair of trail shoes to do it.


Another must-have for the long distance runner in your life is a hand-held water bottle. I can't leave home without mine if I'm going out for more than 10 miles. The one linked below comes in a variety of colors.




Runners usually need something to carry their phones and keys. My personal favorite when I don't have leggings or shorts with a side pocket is a FlipBelt. My phone and keys always feel secure and protected from the elements. FlipBelts come in different sizes and many different colors.



Looking to spend a little more on your favorite runner? I don't know a runner out there that would say no to a GPS watch upgrade. My go-to watch is Garmin. I love all of the running data they provide, as well as the quality of their devices. This most likely won't go over for a surprise either, as most runners are also pretty particular on what they want in a GPS watch. Garmin typically runs sales on most of their watches this time of year, so keep an eye on their website. I would be wary of purchasing your Garmin from a third party site, like Amazon. It's best to buy directly from Garmin for warranty and service needs. If I were to upgrade my watch this year, I'd snag this beauty.


Most runners are also pretty proud to display all of the medals they have collected throughout their racing endeavors. Or maybe they are laying random places, and your runner needs a good way to display them all. This website has quite a few different medal holders to choose from.


Every runner needs a good pair of headphones for their longs runs. I've been through my fair share of headphones over the years, and I keep hearing great things from many runners about the Apple AirPods. This is the number one item on my list this year. Mom, Dad, Hubs... you reading ..... 



Hopefully you got a few good ideas the runner you love, or if you're a runner, you have a few more solid ideas for your own list! Happy shopping!

Comments